Tragedy that struck in my life
Feb 3rd 2004
This was the day when god made me realise what is the difference between life and death. This is the day when i realized the gap is very minimum. It was around 7.30p.m in the night i was getting ready for my work which is suppose to start at 10.p.m in the night. It might be wired to know that i have started well ahead for my work. My everyday routine is to sleep in the morning till evening and then when my mom comes from work i use to spend some nice time with her sharing the happenings in work place and leave for my work. I was very happy to start early because of the fact that i was suppose to have dinner with my Gal friend in one of the hotels near our work place. Fortunately or unfortunately we both work in the same organization. The day went on fine, before leaving to work i was cracking jokes with my mom and we both were bursting out in laughter. I was suppose to meet my gal at 8.00 p.m outside the office. It was very rare for us to meet because she was in day shift and i was a night bird. I was waiting for this opportunity for a long time,. At the time when i was about to start, my brothers friend called (almaz) came in to the house with biriyani in her hands. Like all youngsters i am crazy about it, but at that time nothing struck me other than the meeting that i have with my gal. Almaz was very particular in asking me to have some before i start from my house because she felt i might not eat the biriyani once i leave my house. I don't know why she felt that way but she was rite in all means. I did not turn up to my house for the next 2 months. I was about to start at 7.30 p.m , since i had biriyani it got a little late on me. I started at 7.45 p.m and i had 15 mins to reach a distance of 14kms in chennai traffic. Even schumacher will end up breaking his body if he even dreams of it. I was mad enough to think i can do it and started my bike thundering in 70-80kms\hr in the traffic. To be true i still don't remember how my accident occurred. When i opened my eyes i saw people around me in big tension, their eyes were all on me. I was not able to move my body it just made me feel i have been locked in a cage. I was rushed to the operating theater where for the first time in my life i cried for getting hurt. I saw my gal friend in tears which made me feel the real pain. The best thing was that my office mates was so helpful, they rushed to the hospital immediately after knowing about the accident. The doctor gave me anesthesia but that did not help in any way. I got my senses and when i opened my eyes i saw the terrifying thing of my life, my right hand had a deep cut which was almost like a hole which made me know how the inner flesh looks like. I could see a team of talented doctors trying to Make things happen. One of the doctor was actually removing the glass pieces that got struck into my left and right thigh. I was rushed into the scanning room, i never knew what happened but the next day morning i heard my friends saying that i shouted at peak of my voice in pain. I was curious enough to know what happened so i called one of the doctor and asked him, he said i was shouting because they were trying to take x-ray of my broken leg. The irony of the incident was, the same day when i was working out in the gym i heard a sad news. One of my school junior was struggling for life in the malar hospital, i felt very bad for him and wanted to meet him badly. The next day morning when i opened my eyes i came to know that i was lying next to him on a different bed. Never in my life i wished to meet him the way i did. Doctor's told me that my survival from this accident was just because of the good things you and your parents have done in life. I was so desperate to know how my accident occurred. It is really strange that i still can't recollect what happened on that day, all i know was i broke myself into pieces. One man who saw the incident narrated it to me, after hearing that i felt horrified. He was very particular in saying that it took 2 mins for them to find me after collision with the car. The impact was so huge that i broke the car front glass with my head and flew away.
My Hospital Life
Doctor's where very particular in saying that i am lucky in life because i broke my femur bone and if the damage has reached my knee then it would have taken a year for me to start my normal walk. I had a surgery on my left leg and they kept a rod and tightened it with the help of a screw. The next day i underwent a plastic surgery on my right forearm along with a skin grafting on my right heal. A part of skin from my left thigh was taken as a compensation for my right heal. I was on the bed with lot of pain and with only one thing in my mind, whether i will start walking again. There was a plaster stuck on my left shoulder and when i tried moving my hand i found something strange happening inside, i asked the doctor who came for my regular checkup to remove the plaster. He removed the plaster and asked me to bring my body up with the help of my hands, i found that my left shoulder collar bone was moving zigzag. The doctor saw it and immediately told me to undergo a surgery, without knowing the surgery, i nodded my head. The next day the surgery was scheduled at 3.30 p.m, i should not eat for 3hrs before the operation and after the operation. One of doctor's assistant came inside my room and briefed about the operation, slight fear got into me because they are going to put a screw on my shoulder to set it rite. I was mentally ready for the operation, i was taken smoothly into the operation theater by some attenders, the doctors were finding it difficult to find a nerve to insert blood into me. That is the time i came to know the blood content in my body have reduced. Believe me the doctor searched for veins on my leg and finally she got one and the blood started getting into my body, i thank the person who gave the blood for my survival. I went into the operation theater, i have seen in films how a operation theater would be. I did not get an opportunity to see the operation theater in my first surgery is because i was unconscious until i woke up in my room and knew a rod has been fixed on my right thigh. This time i got the opportunity, there were 5 doctors surrounding me, a big light straight in front of my face. The doctors gave me anesthesia and i lost my senses. The sad thing is, the power went off and the doctors were not able to finish the operation on time. I got my senses back when the doctors were on the final stages, i could see bunch of doctors surrounding me and few doctors shouting to lift my hand and keep it close to my body, my left hand was streched by them to perform the operation. when a person lifted my hand from that place i felt the pain which should not be felt by anyone in their life. My parents were happy that the surgery was over, i was unable to speak a word because there was no food given for 6 hrs. I felt a pain which was totally unbearable, i could see my mom believing in me to speak to her. I tried my level best to speak to her but words were getting stuck in my throat. I felt the pain and i don't want my mom to know about it, but tears came running down my eyes and my mom just lost her mind and said i am not leaving this place and she stayed there to take care of me. I still remember that she did not eat anything on that day. I thanked god for giving me such wonderful parents.
Good things that happened when i was in hospital
I will never forget my gal friend because she made my life bright almost everyday by coming and meeting me. I know that she will get pampered with lot of questions by her parents for meeting me everyday, but she made it somehow. I liked her so much, the moment i see her it will make me feel happy flying in cloud no9. It was so unfortunate for me to be born on feb14th when i cant spend the birthday with my love. I felt very bad for it because that was our first valentines day after we started loving. Now i don't have her next to me, when my birthday comes i feel about the day when she came to the hospital and made my day beautiful. What i went through is pain mixed with happiness. I realized that nobody can help us like what our friends will do. My friends took care of everything from payment of my hospital bill to claiming the insurance. I felt that day, everyone should have a special person in life for them to share what they feel. I will never forget her in my life. I will never hate her in my life. we had lot of problems and i told her lot of things, but i know inside my heart she holds a important place.
Family support
My parents had a fear that whether i can walk again. Femur bone is suppose to be the important bone in the body and that helps a human being walk properly. I do not have words to express my feelings for my father, without him i am nothing. I was in such a bad shape, i cannot move from my bed. I have to do the bathroom activities from the place where i was, my father use to bath me and clean my waste and help me being neat everyday. I don't know how to repay the gratitude but for sure i cannot forget him in my life. The care that my mom and brother showed was overwhelming. My mom is always the main pillar of my family,without her i would have lost my confidence. My mom got hurt on her left leg when she tried to give food to me. I was undergoing lot emotional pain which i cannot write it down cos it is something deep inside my heart.
Now i am doing fine and i have to undergo another operation to remove my rod and screw that is there inside my body. I am happy and i will never forget my 22nd birthday and the people who were instrumental in making my life happy.
By
C.J
This was the day when god made me realise what is the difference between life and death. This is the day when i realized the gap is very minimum. It was around 7.30p.m in the night i was getting ready for my work which is suppose to start at 10.p.m in the night. It might be wired to know that i have started well ahead for my work. My everyday routine is to sleep in the morning till evening and then when my mom comes from work i use to spend some nice time with her sharing the happenings in work place and leave for my work. I was very happy to start early because of the fact that i was suppose to have dinner with my Gal friend in one of the hotels near our work place. Fortunately or unfortunately we both work in the same organization. The day went on fine, before leaving to work i was cracking jokes with my mom and we both were bursting out in laughter. I was suppose to meet my gal at 8.00 p.m outside the office. It was very rare for us to meet because she was in day shift and i was a night bird. I was waiting for this opportunity for a long time,. At the time when i was about to start, my brothers friend called (almaz) came in to the house with biriyani in her hands. Like all youngsters i am crazy about it, but at that time nothing struck me other than the meeting that i have with my gal. Almaz was very particular in asking me to have some before i start from my house because she felt i might not eat the biriyani once i leave my house. I don't know why she felt that way but she was rite in all means. I did not turn up to my house for the next 2 months. I was about to start at 7.30 p.m , since i had biriyani it got a little late on me. I started at 7.45 p.m and i had 15 mins to reach a distance of 14kms in chennai traffic. Even schumacher will end up breaking his body if he even dreams of it. I was mad enough to think i can do it and started my bike thundering in 70-80kms\hr in the traffic. To be true i still don't remember how my accident occurred. When i opened my eyes i saw people around me in big tension, their eyes were all on me. I was not able to move my body it just made me feel i have been locked in a cage. I was rushed to the operating theater where for the first time in my life i cried for getting hurt. I saw my gal friend in tears which made me feel the real pain. The best thing was that my office mates was so helpful, they rushed to the hospital immediately after knowing about the accident. The doctor gave me anesthesia but that did not help in any way. I got my senses and when i opened my eyes i saw the terrifying thing of my life, my right hand had a deep cut which was almost like a hole which made me know how the inner flesh looks like. I could see a team of talented doctors trying to Make things happen. One of the doctor was actually removing the glass pieces that got struck into my left and right thigh. I was rushed into the scanning room, i never knew what happened but the next day morning i heard my friends saying that i shouted at peak of my voice in pain. I was curious enough to know what happened so i called one of the doctor and asked him, he said i was shouting because they were trying to take x-ray of my broken leg. The irony of the incident was, the same day when i was working out in the gym i heard a sad news. One of my school junior was struggling for life in the malar hospital, i felt very bad for him and wanted to meet him badly. The next day morning when i opened my eyes i came to know that i was lying next to him on a different bed. Never in my life i wished to meet him the way i did. Doctor's told me that my survival from this accident was just because of the good things you and your parents have done in life. I was so desperate to know how my accident occurred. It is really strange that i still can't recollect what happened on that day, all i know was i broke myself into pieces. One man who saw the incident narrated it to me, after hearing that i felt horrified. He was very particular in saying that it took 2 mins for them to find me after collision with the car. The impact was so huge that i broke the car front glass with my head and flew away.
My Hospital Life
Doctor's where very particular in saying that i am lucky in life because i broke my femur bone and if the damage has reached my knee then it would have taken a year for me to start my normal walk. I had a surgery on my left leg and they kept a rod and tightened it with the help of a screw. The next day i underwent a plastic surgery on my right forearm along with a skin grafting on my right heal. A part of skin from my left thigh was taken as a compensation for my right heal. I was on the bed with lot of pain and with only one thing in my mind, whether i will start walking again. There was a plaster stuck on my left shoulder and when i tried moving my hand i found something strange happening inside, i asked the doctor who came for my regular checkup to remove the plaster. He removed the plaster and asked me to bring my body up with the help of my hands, i found that my left shoulder collar bone was moving zigzag. The doctor saw it and immediately told me to undergo a surgery, without knowing the surgery, i nodded my head. The next day the surgery was scheduled at 3.30 p.m, i should not eat for 3hrs before the operation and after the operation. One of doctor's assistant came inside my room and briefed about the operation, slight fear got into me because they are going to put a screw on my shoulder to set it rite. I was mentally ready for the operation, i was taken smoothly into the operation theater by some attenders, the doctors were finding it difficult to find a nerve to insert blood into me. That is the time i came to know the blood content in my body have reduced. Believe me the doctor searched for veins on my leg and finally she got one and the blood started getting into my body, i thank the person who gave the blood for my survival. I went into the operation theater, i have seen in films how a operation theater would be. I did not get an opportunity to see the operation theater in my first surgery is because i was unconscious until i woke up in my room and knew a rod has been fixed on my right thigh. This time i got the opportunity, there were 5 doctors surrounding me, a big light straight in front of my face. The doctors gave me anesthesia and i lost my senses. The sad thing is, the power went off and the doctors were not able to finish the operation on time. I got my senses back when the doctors were on the final stages, i could see bunch of doctors surrounding me and few doctors shouting to lift my hand and keep it close to my body, my left hand was streched by them to perform the operation. when a person lifted my hand from that place i felt the pain which should not be felt by anyone in their life. My parents were happy that the surgery was over, i was unable to speak a word because there was no food given for 6 hrs. I felt a pain which was totally unbearable, i could see my mom believing in me to speak to her. I tried my level best to speak to her but words were getting stuck in my throat. I felt the pain and i don't want my mom to know about it, but tears came running down my eyes and my mom just lost her mind and said i am not leaving this place and she stayed there to take care of me. I still remember that she did not eat anything on that day. I thanked god for giving me such wonderful parents.
Good things that happened when i was in hospital
I will never forget my gal friend because she made my life bright almost everyday by coming and meeting me. I know that she will get pampered with lot of questions by her parents for meeting me everyday, but she made it somehow. I liked her so much, the moment i see her it will make me feel happy flying in cloud no9. It was so unfortunate for me to be born on feb14th when i cant spend the birthday with my love. I felt very bad for it because that was our first valentines day after we started loving. Now i don't have her next to me, when my birthday comes i feel about the day when she came to the hospital and made my day beautiful. What i went through is pain mixed with happiness. I realized that nobody can help us like what our friends will do. My friends took care of everything from payment of my hospital bill to claiming the insurance. I felt that day, everyone should have a special person in life for them to share what they feel. I will never forget her in my life. I will never hate her in my life. we had lot of problems and i told her lot of things, but i know inside my heart she holds a important place.
Family support
My parents had a fear that whether i can walk again. Femur bone is suppose to be the important bone in the body and that helps a human being walk properly. I do not have words to express my feelings for my father, without him i am nothing. I was in such a bad shape, i cannot move from my bed. I have to do the bathroom activities from the place where i was, my father use to bath me and clean my waste and help me being neat everyday. I don't know how to repay the gratitude but for sure i cannot forget him in my life. The care that my mom and brother showed was overwhelming. My mom is always the main pillar of my family,without her i would have lost my confidence. My mom got hurt on her left leg when she tried to give food to me. I was undergoing lot emotional pain which i cannot write it down cos it is something deep inside my heart.
Now i am doing fine and i have to undergo another operation to remove my rod and screw that is there inside my body. I am happy and i will never forget my 22nd birthday and the people who were instrumental in making my life happy.
By
C.J


1 Comments:
Dear CJ!
We humans have a tendency to be reckless at times and god has his own ways to slow us down.. Take it as part of a larger plan for you. Look at the positive side that your arm and leg are still working (working well i may add.) God bless you dear! And ride carefully..
Post a Comment
<< Home